We offer sedation solutions to help our patients feel relaxed during their dental visits.
Nitrous oxide is one of the safest sedation options and our expert dental professionals monitor you closely throughout your treatment. It also fits into most people’s lifestyles because you can drive yourself to and from your appointments! Let us know if you would like us to discuss nitrous oxide sedation for your dental visits with you!
Sedation Dentistry FAQ’s
How to keep yourself calm at the dentist
Sedation dentistry can be a solution if you experience anxiety at the dentist and fear even the thought of sitting in the dentist’s chair. Sedation dentistry uses medication to help you relax during procedures. There are different levels of sedation:
- Minimal sedation – you are awake but very relaxed
- Moderate sedation – you may slur your words and don’t remember much of the procedure
- Deep sedation – you are on the edge of consciousness but can still be awakened
- General anesthesia – you are completely unconscious
Sedation is administered in these ways:
- Inhaled minimal sedation
- Oral sedation
- IV moderate sedation
- Deep sedation and general anesthesia
How does this service work?
Relaxed dentistry uses sedation to calm patients and relieve anxiety during a dental procedure, even cleaning.
What do clients need to prepare for their appointment
- Check with your dentist to find out the sedation method and level that you will be administered
- If you are going under general anesthesia you can not eat or drink for 6 hours before the procedure, but you may have water up to 2 hours before. Avoid alcohol for 24 hours before the procedure.