Our philosophy on general dental health is simple – we believe that a healthy mouth leads to a healthy body and the best care is prevention! Our general dentistry in Morrisville provides gentle, thorough dental examinations to ensure your mouth stays fresh and clean.
One of the easiest ways to prevent dental problems is to make sure you visit the dentist regularly for check-ups and routine dental cleanings. That way, we can help identify any problem areas and provide conservative treatment if necessary.
Mint Leaf General Dentistry Services:
Whether you have dental insurance or not, we provide compassionate, nonjudgemental dental services to our patients. Our general dentistry in Morrisville can offer your entire family skilled dental work, ranging from routine dental cleanings to Invisalign treatments.
Join The Mint Leaf Family
Our goal at Mint Leaf Dentistry is to help you make the best decisions for your oral health. We look forward to helping you gain and maintain a healthy smile.
Book An Appointment With Our Morrisville Dentists Today!
General Dentistry FAQ
Benefits of routine dental exams and dental cleanings:
- Dental checkups prevent plaque, tartar, cavities, and tooth decay.
- Routine dental visits keep gum disease in check.
- Dental checkups can check for oral cancer.
- Routine checkups can detect health issues from the lymph nodes, neck, and jaws.
What is involved in a regular check-up and routine dental cleaning?
A regular checkup by our general dentistry in Morrisville, NC includes both an examination and a dental cleaning. The dental checkup includes:
- looking for cavities,
- checking for plaque and tartar,
- removal of tartar
- teeth polishing
- checking gums for disease and recession,
- thoroughly examining your tongue, throat, face, head, and neck.
Why do I need a deep dental cleaning?
You need a deep cleaning if tartar buildup has caused significant pockets (4mm or greater) between your teeth and gums with possible infection. When pockets form, the gumline pulls away from the tooth. Loss of connective tissue can lead to bone loss and possible tooth loss if not corrected. Deep dental cleaning controls the infection and promotes healing.
How do your general dentistry services work?
We recommend that you have a dental exam and cleaning every 6 months to maintain a healthy mouth. Call your family dentistry practice in Morrisville and make an appointment. At the end of the checkup, the hygienist or one of the office staff will coordinate with you to schedule the next appointment. The length of time between visits will be based on your specific dental situation and health.
What do clients need to prepare for their dental appointment?
- If you are a new patient, you will need to complete forms and provide your dental history.
- If at all possible, brush and floss before the appointment.
- Let the hygienist and/or dentist know if anything has changed or is bothering you including your lips, cheeks, tongue, tonsils or gums.
- Avoid coffee and/or energy drinks before the appointment.